I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Saturday: Apples and a Wedding. 10/23/10

Did you know some dogs like apples? They do. We found that out Saturday as we were picking the last of the apples. Did you hear that…THE LAST OF THE APPLES! I'll get to that in a minute. Annette was using our new handy dandy apple picker and I was checking the apples on the ground. Boy was that apple picker worth the money. Oh wait, I didn't pay for it. Anyway, I decided to pretend one of the apples was a tennis ball and threw it for Emily to fetch. After she brought it back, she proceeded to eat it….crunch, crunch, crunch. A little later, Harley was crunching on one...not to be outdone by Emily I'm sure. They each consumed almost an entire apple. It's a good thing it was nice outside and we had somewhere to go that evening. There's a good chance their tummies were a little messed up.

Saturday evening we attended a wedding of a local couple. We know them through the grooms' parents, who own the bar in town. We like their Friday night burger deals, their $2 coldbeer, and their Saturday night steaks. You will not find a better steak. The groom's mother is also the first grade school teacher. I love small towns. It was an outdoor wedding w/ an indoor reception and the mild October temperatures made for a very nice evening. It was so nice to be at a wedding where Josh and I would both know people and didn't have to drive to hell and half of Georgia and back.

Not too far into the night they did the usual bouquet and garter toss. Josh and I neither one like to go up there and have gotten away from it for most of the weddings we've been too. Not Saturday night. I got called out by the bride. Ugh. Other people attending it, you can say no too. But the bride? You can't tell the bride no. So when it was garter time, I made Josh go up there. Fair is fair. Neither of us caught the bouquet or the garter, but somehow Josh ended up w/ the garter in his shirt pocket.

All in all it was a fun night. I got giggly drunk with some of my local silly girl friends. Josh and I were able to hang out, dance and such. And we both had people to hang out with. He could sit at the guys table and talk about tractors and crops. And I could sit around a table with who knows how many empty Boone's Farm wine bottles trying make an "L" on my forehead as quick as my reflexes would allow me so that I wouldn't be the last one and have to drink. It was serious business.

Kittens 'n Calves

No comments:

Post a Comment